[Part 1] Making an Online Game with Ruby
I’ve decided to make an online game with Ruby, yay for masochism! I mean, yay for challenges!
Lets break it down:
- A simple multiplayer dungeon crawler
- I will use Ruby, as it’s my favorite language, and this blog happens to be about Ruby, imagine that!
- I will use Rubygame as my game dev library
- For simplicity, I will use an HTTP server and sinatra as my web framework to help make things easier
- I’ll be talking about my development experiences here on rubygamedev
I’ve got some code written, which I’ll throw on github sometime soon. It’s not yet a game, so the jury’s still out on whether or not it’ll be fun…